Newstead House is a Queensland museum (living museum) which seeks to provide equitable access for all its visitors. Entrance to Newstead House is wheel-chair and pram accessible.
Additional facilities at this Queensland museum include:
- Parking spaces designated for people with a disability
- A lift operating from the lower entrance level to the upper level
- Toilet facilities on the lower level
House Museum Etiquette
Conditions of Entry
To ensure the safety of the fabric of the house, the collection and in consideration of other visitors, we ask that movement through Newstead House be orderly and considerate. It is a requirement that visitors to Newstead House as a Queensland museum must accept and comply with these conditions.
- No touching of the collection
- No food/drink
- No smoking
- No large bags or helmets | To be left at entrance or on verandah as instructed
- No umbrellas | To be left on verandah at designated area
- No flash photography or as otherwise directed
- Mobile phones should be turned to silent mode
Download: Floor Plan